Saturday, January 17, 2015

MY FITBIT REPORT FOR 2014: BENEFITS OF WALKING & ZUMBA IN MEXICO

My Fitbit Pedometer Report for 2014
2,174,584 STEPS IN 2014! 
I WALKED 973 MILES IN 2014!
     That is about one-third of the way across the United States!
     That's an average of about 6000 steps per day. Not bad... 
     I plan to reach my goal of 10,000 steps per day in 2015. That would be 4.5 miles per day or 1640 miles in one year, about half-way across the United States. I can do it! 
     AND THAT DOESN'T COUNT THE MILES THAT I RODE MY BICYCLE! 
     Since we sold our cars in 2014 when we were preparing to "move" to Mexico, we now walk and ride our bikes most places and ride the bus or take a taxi when we need to. Walking and riding a bike instead of driving is "Healthy Living" with many benefits. I reflect on the changes I made in 2014 and...
    I think of the gallons of gas I didn't burn.
    I think about how much healthier I am because I walked and rode my bike.
    I think of all the sights I enjoyed because I walked by them rather than speeding by in my car.
    I think of all the Zumba classes I attended, both in Mexico and the U.S. and how much they made me smile, dancing to the music.
    I think of how walking and riding my bike helped me slow down the pace of my life, helped me simplify my life, and helped decrease the stress in my life.
THAT'S HEALTHY LIVING, SIX MONTHS IN MEXICO AND 6 MONTHS IN THE U.S.! 
2015 IS GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR!


My book is now available on Amazon.com! Take a look by clicking on the link below:
Healthy Living and Traveling in Mexico Book on Amazon.com

    

No comments:

Post a Comment