Thursday, January 8, 2015

SLEEP BENEFIT OF 15,477 STEPS YESTERDAY, SOUND OF THE WAVES ALL NIGHT

I WALKED 15,477 STEPS YESTERDAY!

I SLEPT LIKE A BABY....NO SLEEP MEDICATION NEEDED!


     So many people require a sleep aid medication in order to get a full night of restful sleep! During my years as a pharmacist, I dispensed thousands of prescriptions for sleep medication and sedatives to people who have trouble sleeping. For years, I have been one of those people--I would lie awake for hours with thoughts churning through my head before I would finally give up and give in to my little white sedative to help me relax and drift into sleep. 

     We all know that getting enough exercise during the day is proven to help with sleep at night. But, when we are too busy with work, chores, and finding time to eat, who has time for exercise! When life is go, go, go all day, no wonder our minds don't turn off at night so we can sleep restfully!

 
A Walk Down the Mazatlán Beach
   Last night I slept like a baby and didn't even think about taking one of my little white sedative pills to fall asleep! As you can see from my Fitbit pedometer report, I walked 15, 477 steps yesterday, and it was a normal day of "Healthy Living in Mexico!" Exercise definitely does contribute to good sleep! How did I manage to get that many steps in a normal day? I walked to Zumba class (1500 steps), I did Zumba for one hour (6000 steps), I walked home from Zumba (1500 steps), I walked with Jon and Bella (our dachshund) down the Mazatl
án beach to the bank (2500 steps) and back home down the beach while we watched the sunset (2500 steps).  Add in a few short walks with Bella and normal life around the motorhome, and I walked over seven miles yesterday! 
     As I closed my eyes for sleep last night, I listened to the gentle rhythm of the waves outside my open window. The sound of the ocean relaxed my mind and very soon I drifted off to sleep. Since we have been living in Mazatlán for a week now, exercise and the sound of the ocean have become my sleep aids. That's "Healthy Living in Mexico"!
eBook for Kindle Now Available


Healthy Living and Traveling in Mexico, the book for Kindles is now available on Amazon.com and Amazon Worldwide. "Look Inside" by clicking this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment